Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Widget HTML #1

News Populer Singapura - 2 Cases of Variant Omicron COVID-19

News Populer Singapura2 Cases of Variant Omicron COVID-19

Singapore - The Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH) on Friday, December 3, 2021, reported that there were two cases of the Omicron variant that transited at Changi Airport en route to Australia and Malaysia.

The two cases of the Omicron COVID-19 variant are said to have gone nowhere, only in the transit area of ​​the Changi Airport holding and will remain there until the time of departure arrives.

"Both Omicron cases have not entered Singapore or interacted in the community, and there is currently no evidence of community transmission from these cases," MOH said.

The case of the Omicron variant flying to Australia arrived in Sydney on Singapore Airlines flight SQ231 on 23 November 2021.

He departed from Johannesburg on 27 November 2021 on SQ481 and arrived at Changi Airport the same day for his transit flight.

MOH, said that the pre-departure test in South Africa on November 24, 2021, was negative for COVID-19.

According to the New South Wales government, he is the state's eighth case of the Omicron variant. The person concerned is known to have been fully vaccinated.

The Case of the Omicron Variant in Malaysia

The Omicron case that arrived in Malaysia via Singapore also came from Johannesburg, South Africa. Malaysia's Health Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, earlier confirmed that he was the first Omicron case in the country.

The first Omicron case in Malaysia was a fully vaccinated 19-year-old student, arriving in Malaysia on 19 November 2021, before the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Omicron a cause for concern on 26 November 2021.

Singapore's Ministry of Health said he was in SQ479 and remained in the transit area until his departure for Malaysia on 19 November 2021.

Fifteen passengers on board SQ479 have been identified as close contacts of the flight.

"All of them have not entered Singapore, or interacted with the people in Singapore, and are still in the transit holding area," said the Ministry of Health.

"Contact tracing for both cases is ongoing," he added.